This article describes how to remove Sophos Anti-Virus version 4 from a Linux or Unix system.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SAV for Unix/Lunix version 4.x
What To Do
To perform this procedure, you must be logged on to the computer as root.
All directories below refer to the installation defaults. If you specified different directories when you ran the installation script, you must apply these instructions to those directories instead.
1. Log onto the machine as the root user
2. Delete the sweep program: /usr/local/bin/sweep
3. Delete the shared library: /usr/local/lib/libsavi.*
4. Delete the virus data directory: /usr/local/sav
5. Delete the configuration file: /etc/sav.conf
6. Delete the manual page: /usr/local/man/man1/sweep.1
Note: On SCO systems, delete /usr/local/man/man.1/sweep.1 instead.