This article explains how to generate an MST (Microsoft Transform) file for Sophos SafeGuard installations.
It assumes you are confident in using Orca to manipulate MSI (Microsoft Installer) files.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption
SafeGuard Management Center / Local Policy Editor
What To Do
As stated in the release notes for Sophos SafeGuard. Direct modifications to the original Sophos product MSI Installer Packages are not supported.
- Open Orca and click on:
File | Open
- Select one of the following msi files (dependent on your install requirements):
- Create a new Transform:
- Supported changes are only made in the Features table. Select the Feature section from the table column:
- Select the feature you wish to Install or uninstall using an MST file and then select the level column entry for that feature:
Valid values are:
3 = Feature will be installed.
4 = Feature will not be installed.
Ensure that if you are setting a component to be installed check that the Feature Parent for the component you are changing is also set to be installed. The Feature Parent can be seen in the second column in the screenshot above.
- Once the changes have been made a green border will surround the changed items:
- Generate the Transform file:
- Give the transform file a suitable name:
- To install the msi with the additional MST file you will need to add the additional switch of:
e.g: MSIEXEC /i "path to msi" TRANSFORMS=SGNClient_DX.mst
If you wish to use the install method of ADDLOCAL for MSIEXEC please use article: 108426