The error message "Setup was unable to install the quarantine website." appears during PureMessage for Windows/Exchange installation. This can happen for a number of different reasons
- the IWAM_<computer_name> account may have been disabled
- the MSDTC Service may be running in the wrong mode on a cluster server
- the computer is running Windows 2003 with Terminal Services.
What to do
IWAM_<computer_name> account disabled
The IWAM_<computer_name> account may have become disabled.
The MSDTC Service (MS Distributed Transaction Coordinator) may be running in the wrong mode on a cluster server.
- Run the "COMCLUST" command at a command prompt.
This passes control of the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service to the cluster server. Cdowfevt.dll can then be registered correctly and the MSDTC Service started.
- Install PureMessage for Windows/Exchange.
For more details, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 312316.