During installation, the Sophos SSL VPN installer had problems installing the tunnel adapter. Typical symptoms include:
- An error occurred installing the Sophos SSL VPN Adapter Driver.
- There are no TAP-Win32 adapters on this system.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos UTM Software Appliance
V7, V8, V9
What To Do
If there are problems trying to install the SSL VPN tunnel adapter, do the following at the Windows command-prompt:
- c:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\bin\deltapall.bat
- c:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\bin\addtap.bat
- Verify that the SSL VPN tunnel Adapter is the first adapter listed in Network Connections | Advanced | Advanced Settings | Connections Section.
Note: if you are running Windows 64-bit version, you may need to replace the above path with: c:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\bin\