How to do a factory reset via the command-line.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
The factory reset function resets the device back to the default configuration. These data will be deleted:
- System configuration
- Web filter cache
- Logs and reporting data
- Update packages
- High availability status
The version number of Sophos UTM Software will remain the same, that is, all firmware and pattern updates that have been installed will be retained.
You can either run the factory reset via command-line or within the Sophos UTM.
What To Do
To run the factory reset via command-line, proceed as follows:
- Login at the command-line as 'loginuser'.
- Login as 'root'.
- Enter 'cc' [Press ENTER].
- Enter 'RAW' [Press ENTER].
- Enter 'system_factory_reset' [Press ENTER].
The system will automatically shutdown when it's finished.
Factory Reset Within UTM
You can run a factory reset for your UTM within the UTM. Proceed as follows:
- Login to the UTM.
- Click in the Management | System Settings | Reset Configurations or Passwords tab on 'Run factory reset now'.
The Sophos UTM will shut down.