The end user portal of the Sophos UTM is a special web site on the unit that provides personalized email and remote access services to authorized users. It can be accessed by browsing to the management address of the UTM (the internal IP address configured for eth0) as HTTPS and without the port number. For comparison and example:
- Web admin address: http://192.168.0.1:4444
- End user portal: http
Note the HTTPS protocol and the missing port number 4444 you would normally enter for accessing the WebAdmin interface.
Among other things, the end user portal contains the email quarantine, which holds messages that are infected by malicious software, contain suspicious attachments, are identified as spam, or contain certain expressions you have explicitly declared forbidden.
On the end user portal, users have access to the following services:
- Mail: Viewing and releasing of messages held in quarantine. In addition, users can create sender whitelists and POP3 accounts. Note that whitelisted senders can be specified by either entering valid e-mail addresses (e.g.,firstname.lastname@example.org) or all e-mail addresses of a specific domain using an asterisk as wildcard (e.g., *@example.com).
- Remote Access: Downloading of remote access client software and configuration files. (SSL, PPTP, L2TP, IPsec Roadwarrior)
- User Preferences: Changing user preferences such as the password for accessing the end user portal. Note –Notice that end users can only release spam messages from the quarantine.All other messages held in quarantine can only be released by the administrator in the Quarantine Manager of Astaro Security Gateway. The settings on the Management | (End) User Portal | Global tab allow you to give users access to their own quarantined messages. In addition, you must specify from which networks access to the end user should be granted.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
What To Do
To enable end user portal access, proceed as follows:
- Navigate to Management | (End) User Portal | Global.
- Enable the User Portal either by clicking 'Enable' or by clicking the toggle switch.
- Add or select the networks that should be allowed to access the User Portal.
- Select the 'Allowed Users': You can choose to either 'Allow all users' (selected by default), or selected users. Then add the allowed groups/users in the list box below.
Note: SuperAdmins/Admins are not created/added here by default. You must either add them or create and add a regular user account to add here in order to receive end user spam reports.
- Click 'Apply'.