This article explains how to reset the passwords for the user accounts that can then be used to access your UTM via Secure Shell (SSH).
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Astaro Security Gateway
How do I reset the UTM SSH 'loginuser' and 'root' passwords?
- From the UTM menu select 'Management' | 'System Settings'.
- Select the 'Shell Access' tab.
- Under the 'Shell user passwords' section enter the desired passwords for either user.
- Select 'Set specified password'.
- On the 'Shell Access' tab you should also check other sections such as the 'Allow networks' section to ensure they are configured correctly
- Setting the 'Allow networks' to 'Any' will allow all internet access to SSH login for your system.
Accessing the UTM via SSH
Connect via SSH port (TCP 22 by default) using your normal SSH utility program (e.g., PUTTY).
To login as the 'loginuser' type..
...at the SSH prompt and the associated password as set above.
To login as root (after you have logged in as 'loginuser') type...
...at the SSH prompt and the associated password set above.
Warning: Any modifications done by root will void your support. Instead use WebAdmin for any configuration changes.