This article details the necessary steps required to update your existing Sophos Mobile Control licence.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control 4.0
What To Do
Note: This procedure can only be used to update the number licensed users. It cannot be used to change the URL of your SMC server.
A re-installation of Sophos Mobile Control is required to achieve this.
- Save the updated license.sql to the desktop for ease of use
- Click Start | Run | %MDM_HOME%\tools\Wizard\Sophos Mobile Control License Update.exe
- Enter your license key (“Mobile Control (Key)”) you received from Sophos or your sales partner
- Click Get License to receive the new license information
- Click Update, if successful you will see the following notification: License successfully updated. Please wait 30 minutes or restart the SMC service.
- Click Start | services.msc | right mouse click SMCSVC | select Restart
121077 - Sophos Mobile Control - License Update FAQ