A scheduled task (i.e. Active Directory Synchronization) has been configured on the SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center to run on a specified date, but the script is not executed. Both, the 'Last Run Time' and 'Last Run Result' status show 'None'.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Management Center 5.60.0
SafeGuard Enterprise Server 5.60.0
What To Do
First of all, when running SafeGuard Enterprise 5.60.x, make sure that the SafeGuard Enterprise Server and Management Center was patched with the 5.60.x backend fix (available via KBA 116701 "Sophos releases cumulative patch solving several SafeGuard Server/Management Center issues of version 5.60.x").
If the execution of the scheduled task fails without an explicit error message in the 'Last Run Result', make sure that the account used to authenticate the SafeGuard Enterprise Scheduler service can access the SQL services that host the SafeGuard Enterprise Database.
In addition, the service account needs appropriate rights to the SafeGuard Enterprise Database. The service account must have the following SQL rights on the SafeGuard Enterprise Database to be able to read and write the scheduled tasks into the database:
If the service account is not able access the SafeGuard Enterprise Database, perform the following changes to grant the account access to the database:
- Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and logon to the Database instance that hosts the SafeGuard Enterprise Database
- In the Object Explorer, expand the machine instance that is hosting the SafeGuard Enterprise Database
- Expand 'Security'
- Right click on 'Logins' and select 'New Login...'
- On the 'General' tab:
- Browse the directory for the Service Account (User object) that has been used with the SafeGuard Enterprise Scheduler Service
- Select Windows Authentication (default, pre-selected)
- On the 'User Mapping' tab, Select the SafeGuard Enterprise Database and provide the user with the following database role memberships:
db_datareader, db_datawriter, public
Schedule a new task after the changes have been done. The scheduled task should now run as expected. If the task still fails to run, please raise a case with Sophos Technical Support.