This article describes how to remove the Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) client from a users mobile device with an Android operating system.
What to do
Please note: The names of the icons / settings may vary depending on your Android version. Therefore it might be different on your specific device.
- Open the program list.
- Select the "Settings" icon:
- Go to the "Security" settings.
- Open the "Device Admin" section.
- Deselect Sophos Mobile Control.
- Go back to the "Settings" menu:
- Select the "Application" menu.
- Click on "Manage Applications".
- Select the tab "All Applications".
- Choose "Sophos Mobile Control".
- Click "Uninstall".
- If the device has the SAFE Plugin (Samsung devices) installed as well, wait up to five minutes and then remove that app as well.
This removes the client software. Settings that were defined via the Sophos Mobile Control client will remain active but may be changed.