The default location for saving the keys is a network share. However, you may want to save the keys locally avoiding having to create a network share and without having to rely on end users to save it manually. We recommended that you do not save keys on to an encrypted partition.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s)
Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption
SafeGuard Device Encryption
What to do
Before you start, ensure that there is a network connection on the local computer for the 127.0.0.1 IP address to become active.
- Create a target folder on the SafeGuard client computer(s) e.g. C:\backup
- In Policy Editor (or Management Centre, if you are preparing an SGN standalone package) go to 'Tools | Configuration Package Tool'.
- Create a new configuration package (or modify an existing one) and set the value in the column 'Key backup location' to: \\127.0.0.1\C$\backup\
- Install this configuration package on to the SafeGuard client computer(s).
- Reboot to apply the changes.