How to update a SafeGuard Enterprise Client which has the Configuration Protection module installed, up to version 5.60
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Device Encryption 5.60.0
SafeGuard Configuration Protection 5.60.0
All supported operating systems
What To Do
Which set of update steps you need to follow will depend on which version of SafeGuard Enterprise Configuration Protection you have installed.
SafeGuard Enterprise Configuration Protection 5.50.8 installed
SafeGuard Enterprise Configuration Protection < 5.50.8 installed
- Update the SafeGuard Enterprise Client Installation using the SGNClient.msi or SGNClient_withoutDE.msi depending on which package was used for the initial installation.
- The SGN_CP_Client.msi of the 5.50.8 version must not be updated in this case.
When updating a SafeGuard Enterprise Client installation that includes the ConfigurationProtection Client, the PortProtector Client package must also be updated (otherwise policies are no longer applied correctly).
Due to security constraints, an existing installation of the SafeGuard Enterprise ConfigurationProtection PortProtector client package can’t be updated to version 5.50 directly. In order to get the new version installed properly, the existing package has to be removed before the new package is installed.
The following procedure should be used:
- Install the SGxClientPreinstall.msi package (only required when the old version is < 5.50.0)
- Double-click the SafeGuard Enterprise Client (SGNClient.msi) file to update it. DO NOT reboot afterwards. Note: This file includes the configuration protection module.
- In Add/Remove Programs, remove the SafeGuard Enterprise ConfigurationProtection PortProtector client (SGN_CP_PortProtectorClient.msi).
- From the Install folder on the product CD, or downloaded zip package, install the new SafeGuard Enterprise ConfigurationProtection PortProtector client (SGN_CP_Client.msi).