This article shows you where to locate the product version information in Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X (referred to as 'SAV for Mac'). It also explains how to tell if you have the Enterprise, Cloud, standalone or free Home Edition version installed.
Note: If you received a copy of Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac from your work or college "free", it does not mean it is the Home Edition. Because of slight differences in the products you must confirm the version number and whether it is on-premise, Cloud, standalone, or the Home Edition.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X
Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition
1. Find the product version
To find out exactly which version of SAV for Mac you are running follow these instructions:
- Click on the Sophos shield from the menu bar.
- Select 'About Sophos Anti-Virus'. Example:
- Launch 'Sophos Anti-Virus' from your 'Applications' folder. You can do this by opening a Finder window and browsing to the folder. Alternatively, on the keyboard, press Cmd (⌘) + Spacebar to open a Spotlight search, type 'Sophos', and then press enter.
- With the program now open in the foreground, click on 'Sophos Anti-Virus' from the menu bar (top left-hand corner).
- Select 'About Sophos Anti-Virus'.
Either of these methods will open a small window showing product version information. You will see 'Version 9.x.x'. Look for the version number. Example:
In the screenshot above the exact product version number of Sophos Anti-Virus is '9.0.3'. Now proceed to the step two below to check if it's managed or not.
2. How to tell if the installation is managed or the free 'Home Edition' version
In the same window that you opened in the section above, if you have either the Sophos Cloud managed version or the free Home Edition the window will state this. Example:
If you have either the 'on-premise' (business version managed through the Enterprise Console), or standalone (unmanaged business version) the window will not state 'Home Edition' nor 'Sophos Cloud' and only 'Sophos Anti-Virus' will be mentioned with a version number below. Example: