A Security Officer using the SafeGuard Management Center or the Web Helpdesk cannot select a domain and thus cannot perform any action (e.g. Challenge/Response)
First seen in
SafeGuard Management Center 5.50
The Security Officer hasn't been assigned the according directory objects he is supposed to administer.
What to do
To be able to select a Domain in the Management Center or on the Web Helpdesk page, the respective Security Officer (SO) needs to have assigned access permissions to the directory object(s) by a Master Security Officer (MSO) beforehand. This can be achieved by doing the following:
- In the SafeGuard Management Center select Users and Computers.
- In the navigation window on the left, select the required directory objects.
- In the action area on the right, click the Access tab.
- To assign the rights for the selected object, drag & drop the required officer from the far right into the Access table. To unassign drag the security officer back to the Officers table.
- Click the Save icon in the Toolbar to save the changes to the database.
The objects are now available to the selected security officer(s).
This can also be found in the Administrator manual, chapter 7.10.