Scanning is running slowly.
First seen in
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
What To Do
You need to check whether you are able to connect to Sophos Live Protection (Sophos cloud). 1. Checking for the connection
You can do this by downloading a purpose built tool which will check your connection, or you can check it from the command line.
To use the Sophos Live Protection checking tool:
- Download the slptest_sfx.exe tool, and save it to a convenient location.
- Double-click to run the tool. It will report back with the following information:
- 'Test passed' or 'Test failed'
- The time taken for the SXL lookup.
To check the connection from the command line:
2. What to do next
- Run the following command from a command prompt
nslookup -type=TXT test.00.s.sophosxl.net
- The response should be similar to
- If you do not have a connection, check that your DNS configuration settings are correct , and if not, adjust them accordingly. Then re-run the test.
- If the above tool shows you do have a connection and your DNS configuration settings are correct but a scan is still running slowly contact Sophos Technical Support for help.