In the event of server failure, you will need to
- reinstate your server with its previous configuration and
- reinstall your copy of Sophos Anti-Virus Small Business Edition (SBE) or PureMessage Small Business Edition (SBE).
Note: This article describes a method of system recovery. It must not be used for changing servers.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Control Center
What To Do
- Before reinstalling Sophos Small Business Suite
- Reinstall the base operating system with the previous configuration.
- Allocate to the recovered system the same fully qualified IP host name as the original system (e.g. myserver.uk.company).
- Restore the following registry key from the most recent backup:
- To reinstall Sophos Small Business Suite, reinstall Sophos Anti-Virus SBE and/or PureMessage SBE from the supplied media.
Important: Sophos Control Center is being retired. We recommending moving to Sophos Cloud or Sophos Enterprise Console.
Once the server has been reinstalled and set up, it should be capable of receiving messages from the previously managed workstations as before.