iTunes may fail to download iOS software updates for iPad, iPhone and/or iPod. The error message usually suggests the network connection has timed out.
First seen in
Sophos Web Appliance
What To Do
If Active DIrectory integration is enabled with the Authenticate all requests against Active Directory option, then
- Enable the Allow the following Sophos list of applications to be exempt from Active Directory Authentication option.
- Open the Sophos list of applications window, select iTunes if not selected and click Save.
- Click Apply to save all the changes made.
iOS software updates require couple entries in Local Site List.
- Go to Group Policy > Local Site List page.
- Click Add Site,
- In the list editor window, click Enter multiple sites and then enter into the field
- In the tag drop-down menu, select Globally allowed sites and click Add.
- Select Override the risk class and select Trusted.
- Enter a comment to remind the purpose of adding these two sites as trusted and globally allowed sites.
- Click Save.
Once all that is done, iOS software updates should work.