This article explains how to enable email alerting in the console so you will receive an alert in your email inbox when one of the thresholds on the console dashboard are triggered.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
What To Do
In the Enterprise Console:
- Select 'Tools | Configure Dashboard...' from the menu
- Click on the button titled 'Email Alerts...'
- Select the 'Configure...' button and enter the host name or IP address of the SMTP server
- Click 'Test' to send a test email alert
- In the 'Sender' text box, type an email address to which bounces and non-delivery reports can be sent and select 'OK'
- In the 'Recipients' panel, click 'Add' and enter the address you want virus alerts sent to
- Next select the language you wish the email to be sent in from the option available in the drop down menu
- Choose from the list of subscriptions which events should trigger an email alert. As an example, if you wanted to receive an alert if Sophos Update Manager had not performed a successful update from Sophos in 96 hours (the default critical threshold) then select the 'Critical level exceeded' subscription titled 'Time since last update from Sophos'
- Click 'OK' and close the dialog boxes