Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption 4.60
Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Windows XP SP3
Boot from external Media" (e.g. from a BartPE-CD) does not work after pressing "F7" in the PBA screen. What can be the cause?
As mentioned in the manual of Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption, it depends on the workstation’s BIOS if an emergency boot from CD can be performed successfully.
Possible reasons besides hardware-related ones are:
- The requirements have not been fulfilled. Please verify first that the right procedure has been followed --> see also the refering chapter in the manual of Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption
- The logged-on Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption user does not have the Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption right "Boot from external media allowed" (Please test with the "system" account)
- Hard disk drive en- or decryption has been started but is not finished yet.
- The Boot-order into the BIOS is not set correct
- An old BIOS version is used on the device
109288 - How to make a bootable BartPE CD with SDE drivers
109278 - Boot after PBA with other media than floppy disk
keywords: T300 T400 T500 X200 lenovo ibm Dell E-series sde