How to use the command line tool SGNState to display the SafeGuard Enterprise client system status
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Device Encryption
All supported Operating Systems
What To Do
Displaying the system status with SGNState
SafeGuard Enterprise offers the command line tool SGNState for displaying information on the current status (encryption status and further detailed status information) of the SafeGuard Enterprise installation on an endpoint computer. You will find the tool in the Tools directory on your SafeGuard Enterprise Client software folder.
SGNState can also be used for reporting:
- The SGNState return code can be evaluated on the server using third-party management tools.
- SGNState /LD returns output that is formatted for LANDesk which can be diverted to a file.
You can call SGNState with the following parameters:
SGNSTATE [/?] [/L] [/LD]
- Parameter /? returns help information on the available SGNState command line parameters.
- Parameter /L shows the following information:
- Operating system
- Installed SafeGuard Enterprise version
- POA type (BitLocker or SafeGuard Enterprise)
- POA status (on/off)
- Wake on LAN status (on/off)
- Server name
- Logon mode
- Date (and time) of the last data replication
- Last policy received
- Encryption status (encrypte/not encrypted), algorithm used for the individual volumes
- Parameter /LD returns this information formatted for LANDesk.