How to disable the GINA chain repair mechanism of the SafeGuard Enterprise client
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Device Encryption
Microsoft Windows XP
What To Do
- Download this attached file, deactivate_ginachainrepair.zip by right-clicking on the link, then select 'Save as'. Save it to a convenient location on the computer on which the Management Center is installed and extract the file.
- Go to SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center | Tools | Options | Company Certificate, and click 'Sign File for Policy Cache'.
- Browse to the file 'deactivate_ginachainrepair.xml' that you saved in step 1 above. Click "OK" and the MC will create a new file which is called "deactivate_ginachainrepair_Signed.xml".
- This new file can now be copied into the Import folder in the LocalCache of the SafeGuard Enterprise client:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Utimaco\SafeGuard Enterprise\import
- From %WINDIR%\system32\, locate the tool "SGMcmdintn.exe", and run it with -i from the commandline:
SGMcmdintn.exe -i deactivate_ginachainrepair_Signed
The XML-file should now disappear from the import folder.