SafeGuard Easy multi-platform 4.5x
Is it possible to change the administrator password for all clients automatically?
Yes, it is possible to change the password automatically.
For this purpose, it is necessary to create a change file and apply this to all clients.
Please find below a detailed description on how to proceed:
1. Start the Configuration File Wizard (e.g. Start -> Run -> cfgwiz)
2. Create a new change file
3. Create this file w/o using a basic configuration
4. Create the user SYSTEM using the "Modify User" button
5. Define a new password for the user SYSTEM
6. Type in the OLD(!) password of the user SYSTEM
7. Save the change file to a destination that every user can reach (best would be local)
8. Use execfg as described in the User Manual to apply the file.
9. Reboot the machine and check whether the change has been applied.
Note: If your clients are not connected to a network, you may use an external medium such as a USB Stick for Step 7 above.