SafeGuard PrivateDisk (Sony Version) 1.00.6
How do I license the Sony Try & Buy version of SafeGuard PrivateDisk Personal Edition?
After 60 days of trial (or modification of the system date) the SafeGuard PrivateDisk volume files become read-only. To be able to use them again the software needs to be licensed. Here are some of the screens shown during that process.
- Splash screen (shown as long as the software isn't licensed when starting the main application), equal to the about bitmap, showing the number of remaining days in the trial period. The same information can be found when clicking Help, About.
- After that the main screen appears, showing buttons for starting the Buy-Wizard and for showing the license information.
- To purchase the software, click on the Buy SafeGuard PrivateDisk button. The installation code is specific to the computer where the Try & Buy version is installed on. The installation code is transferred to the Utimaco webshop automatically when clickingt the link, but it can be changed in the web form in case an administrator wants to buy a license for a different machine.
- After that, the text above is still shown, the sofware is purchased via element5 and receives a license file (*.lic). The license file is only valid for the machine with the given installation code! Click Next.
If the program has been ended, please start SafeGuard PrivateDisk again, click on the Buy button, and click next,
- The license file is received per e-mail, and must be stored on the hard disk. Browse using the Buy-Wizard to the license file and click Next.
- After that the license file is copied to the PrivateDisk installation directory, analyzed and activated). Click Finish.
- From then on, the buttons disappear, and the software is fully licensed.
If there is a need for additional support, please contact Sony, see http://www.vaio-link.com/contacts/contacts.asp?l=en
for the appropriate phone numbers.