SafeGuard LAN Crypt >=3.13
Where do I get certificates from ?
There are several options:
- Buy your certificates from a registered Certification Authority (CA).
- Get your certificates from governmental authorities, e.g. buy a "citizen card" or ID card. In some countries, such programs are already in use.
- Own PKI, e.g. SafeGuard PKI, Windows 2000 PKI, Linux PKI.
- SafeGuard LAN Crypt creates own certificates:
- If required, the SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration is able to create self-signed certificates.
- If you want to use smartcards or USB tokens, the best thing is to use the SafeGuard Smartcard Certificate Manager which is shipped with the product and which also creates self-signed certificates.
Also see next point. Note:
The certificates automatically generated by Microsoft's Encrypted File System (EFS) cannot be used as the CSP (the Base Provider) used by EFS does not provide the required key length. keywords: lancrypt