SafeGuard Easy multi-platform 4.5x
Windows 2000, Windows XP
Windows 2000, Windows 2003
What kind of password rules are implemented in SafeGuard Easy?
Rules implemented in SafeGuard Easy
- Password minimum length (configurable)
- Password expires every n days (configurable)
- Password history of up to 16 generations (configurable)
- User account expiry after a specific date (configurable)
- Fixed maximum password length of 16 (hard coded)
- Rejection of keyboard rows (hard coded)
- Rejection of passwords consisting 50% or more of the same character (hard coded)
- Fixed maximum user name length of 16 (hard coded)
To increase the effectiveness of passwords you can require a mixture of letters and numbers (and/or symbols).
The number entered is always a minimum value.
Symbols are special characters such as * # !"§$%&/() etc.
Opposite Case means that exactly the specified number of capital letters and lower case letters must be used in the password.