Sophos endpoint security software beats the competition across the board in independent reviews.
Independent test results and research shows that we consistently outperform enterprise security vendors Symantec, McAfee, Kaspersky, and Trend Micro.
Our Endpoint Buyers Guide can help you evaluate the top endpoint protection products. This comprehensive collection of reports and research will help you:
- Create a primary features checklist to size up product capabilities
- Ask the right questions to identify vendors that meet your requirements
- See how the top solutions rate
The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms is a research tool that rates vendors on completeness of vision and ability to execute. Gartner reviewed 17 vendors and this year's report compares the top ones in the endpoint market.
We believe Sophos is a Leader because our protection covers end users, wherever they are and whatever devices they use. We continue to advance endpoint protection—from integrating UTM and endpoint into a single console, to offering mobile device management (MDM) and endpoint as a single, per-user license.
Download the full report to get independent analysis of the top vendors:
- Read about what endpoint capabilities your business needs
- Learn about the evolution of the endpoint market
- Read about vendor Strengths and Cautions
Download the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms
The Forrester Wave™: Endpoint Security, Q1 2013, recognizes Sophos as a Leader. This report evaluates the top endpoint security vendors on 50 criteria. The recognition for Sophos includes:
- Top ranking for enterprise presence, cost and licensing model strategy, and license partner market presence
- Our “antimalware product has one of the best malware detection rates on the market today and is well-reviewed in third-party studies.”
- Recommended for consideration by “organizations that need to strengthen their endpoint protection, as well as those that have a sizable consumer endpoint population.”
- Lauded for support for mobile device management and Macs
Download the Forrester Wave: Endpoint Security, Q1 2013
Info-Tech Research Group’s 2012 report, Vendor Landscape: Endpoint Anti-Malware (trial membership required), focuses on vendors offering broad capabilities across multiple platforms. In the report, Info-Tech recognizes that we continue to aggressively enhance our broader strategy of complete security, have a strong market presence, and are trendsetters in the industry. Further, we:
- Are a three-time Champion and a definitive leader in consecutive years
- Offer a leading solution that delivers benefits to any organization including small to midsized businesses
- Receive the highest scores for most evaluation criteria and have the most robust product feature set of the vendors evaluated at an attractive price point
- Offer exemplary channel strategies
Tolly Group tested the performance of our client-based agent during on-demand/on-access scanning and virus definition update tasks. We received the highest marks in performance.
- Minimal impact on system and CPU usage during on-access scans compared to baseline
- Staggered scan times in the endpoint, so everyday security tasks won't cause AV storms
- Full endpoint security in virtualized environments without additional licensing
Also, an AV Comparatives test of endpoint performance found that we were the best with a score of 97.
Download the Tolly virtualization report
Easier to use
Enex TestLabs tested the usability of endpoint security products from an administrator’s points of view. According to their report, "Sophos provides protection without increasing complexity and without hindering integration or usability of its product."
In fact, Enex found that performing certain tasks with our endpoint product was three times faster than any other product, and 12 times faster than Microsoft. And we were the only product to receive a 5-star rating, offering “the simplest management due to wizards for many tasks, intuitive policy management and a responsive console.”
Download the Enex TestLab usability report
Of the five vendors compared in our Endpoint Buyers Guide, only Sophos Technical Support is independently audited and approved by SCP (Service Capability & Performance Support Standard). The SCP Standards quantify the effectiveness of customer service and support based upon a set of performance standards representing best practices in the industry. Our 24/7, follow-the-sun support operations (UK, U.S., Australia) are SCP certified.
In its 2012 Endpoint Security Decision Matrix, when determining how to categorize product vendors Ovum takes into account a number of “dimensions.” Only Sophos appeared regularly across most dimensions in the customer satisfaction survey, with “outstanding” customer satisfaction ratings for support and service. Kaspersky, McAfee, Symantec and Trend received “mediocre” ratings across most dimensions.
One license includes complete security across all your platforms. And now that Sophos Mobile Control is included with our EndUser Protection, all of your end users AND all their devices—no matter how many they use—are protected. Get endpoint security, mobile device management, web protection, protection for your data and email, and more—all in a single license. Plus, you get 24/7 support, home use, and free updates and upgrades.