“With the Sophos appliances, we experienced greater productivity, reduced risk and costs savings … and the transition between the 525 and 625 appliance was completely seamless.”
William Strucke, Systems Manager
- While they were happy with the Sophos UTM, the university’s rapid growth meant they needed more power than their 525 appliance could offer.
- They still needed a fully integrated security solution that would offer virus and spyware protection, consolidate and filter network traffic from multiple buildings and was simple to manage.
- Ohio State University decided to upgrade to a 625 appliance for their network security configuration.
- The transition between the 525 and 625 appliance was completely seamless. None of their users were aware of the change as it didn’t halt or adversely affect network traffic or connectivity in anyway.
- The 625 appliance has helped reduce the number of help desk calls.
- Additionally Sophos UTM blocks 40-50 viruses at the border a day, saving time fixing these threats.