“Through eight years and multiple upgrades, Sophos has been a great end-user antivirus and application control solution.”
Larry Bennett, Director of Technology, Durant Independent School District
- Durant was using McAfee and Symantec, but as their PC count grew these solutions were inadequate due to lack of scalability.
- Their previous solutions also consumed a lot of system resources and didn’t work well with Durant’s other applications.
- Durant then incurred significant financial and resource costs dealing with new email worms, putting them behind on other projects and increasing stress levels significantly.
- After considering other alternatives, Durant identified Sophos as the best-of-breed solution that gave them the ‘best bang for our buck’.
- The Sophos solution integrated smoothly into Durant’s layered security systems which included a traditional firewall, content filter, application and intrusion prevention, and a third-party email filter appliance.
- Deploying Sophos was easy, and the process was simplified further with Sophos’ Competitor Removal Tool which sped-up the installation.
- By eliminating the malware outbreaks that once plagued Durant’s schools, Sophos Endpoint Protection has helped to deliver tens of thousands of dollars in direct cost savings.
- The district’s technology staff now have more time to participate in initiatives that deliver far greater educational benefits to students.