Sophos today announced that SafeGuard LAN Crypt now supports the newest generation of operating systems and database servers.
The updated Sophos SafeGuard LAN Crypt includes the following improvements:
- Support for next generation operating systems and database servers such as Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Support for the XTS-AES encryption algorithm
- Support for AES-NI, which provides improved performance on supported processors
- File-encryption API to be used by trusted applications and processes, for the control of file-based encryption
- Persistent encryption improvements to ensure data remains encrypted even when copied
This release also includes improvements to usability, manageability and deployment features.
“Ensuring that our customers are able to adhere to the highest standards of security is a top priority for all of our data protection products,” said Christian Hofer, product manager. “This update makes meeting these high standards possible, without increasing the cost or complexity of our customers’ encryption systems.”
Sophos flagship encryption product, SafeGuard Enterprise, was listed as the only “Champion” in the recent Info-Tech Endpoint Encryption Vendor Landscape.