To help IT professionals minimize the impact personal devices can have on an organization’s network, Sophos has unveiled ten tips to help protect employees and businesses from mobile malware.
More employees are bringing their personal mobile devices to work, and because devices like smartphones and tablets are a major target of today’s cybercriminals, IT professionals must ensure these devices do not become a business threat. Sophos’ “Mobile Malware: 10 Tips for Prevention” will help IT professionals create effective BYOD policies and educational programs to help minimize potential risks.
Here are Sophos’ "Mobile Malware: 10 Tips for Prevention,” which also include links to companion resources:
1. Enforce bring your own device (BYOD) policies. Download a sample BYOD policy.
2. Educate employees on mobile malware. Download Sophos’ free malware detection tool for Android.
3. Keep operating systems up-to-date. Download Sophos’ Malware Goes Mobile whitepaper.
4. Provide secure wireless access at all times. Download Sophos’ Wi-Fi Hot Tips paper.
5. Install apps from trusted sources.
6. Encourage the use of anti-malware software. Download Sophos’ free malware protection tool for Android.
7. Prevent jailbreaks. Read about Sophos’ mobile control solutions.
8. Encrypt devices. Download Sophos’ free encryption tool.
9. Offer cloud-sharing alternatives. Read about Sophos’ mobile encryption solution.
10. Manage mobile security within the existing framework.
To learn more about mobile security and what Sophos can offer, please click here.