Sophos is focused on delivering the best IT security and data protection for businesses. We made our first encryption and antivirus products back in the 1980s. And today our products protect over 100,000 businesses and 100 million users, in more than 150 countries. Increasingly we are seeing our customers turn to the Cloud to help power their businesses with Security being at the top of their wish list. With Sophos Cloud we are bringing our same award winning, complete and easy to use Security Suite to the Cloud.
The Senior User Experience Designer will provide information architecture analysis, wireframe and prototype design, interaction design, and visual design for user interfaces created by Sophos. Such user interfaces may be used on websites, web applications, mobile versions of websites, and mobile applications. This individual will also provide support in Corporate Marketing for any initiative requiring graphic design as well as any matter that impacts a customer’s experience interacting with Sophos. Some amount of programming will also be required to ensure prototypes and interactions are clearly demonstrated.
- Location: Burlington, MA or Santa Clara, CA
- Web information architecture analysis and design, as well as web traffic analysis.
- Website and web application prototyping (design and code).
- Graphic and user interface design.
- Provide input into maximizing lead generation through our corporate website.
- Contribute to the user experience design of any internal or external Sophos web property.
- Work closely with others in Corporate Marketing and provide support for graphic design, as needed.
Experience And Skills
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of IT or software industry experience, ideally in the security or infrastructure software arena
- Proven UX / IA expertise in designing web properties that effectvely communicate the right messge while being easy to navigate
- Track record of success in working with stakeholders to deliver effective and elegant web solutions
- Technological/product savvy such that the output has a better chance of resonating with a technology audience
- Proven ability to deliver sensible and eleant user interface designs for desktop and mobile contexts
- Ability to think strategically while effectively executing tactically
- Fluent with Adobe Creative Suite and other standard graphic design software
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills
- Creative mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative approach as a team player looking to establish trust within an entire organization
- Focus on constant quality improvement
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree a plus
In most cases, the compensation package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation