At Sophos, we operate at the cutting edge of technology, protecting businesses worldwide against complex threats, viruses and spam. We build high quality software security products in a fast-paced, nimble environment and we've been doing it for over 20 years.
Join us to help our customers protect their business and meet compliance needs.
Senior Software Engineers possess the ability to function as a technical lead, providing technical direction to other developers. Frequently have direct responsibility for product features or key technology choices and implementation. Collaborates as part of a team for the development of complex systems; including requirements analysis, concept development and design, implementation and testing, demonstrating flexibility of role as required.
- Drive design and implementation leveraging modern design patterns
- Ability to partner effectively with UX, PM, DevOps, QE and other developers to design and implement meeting the spirit of requirements
- Pride in authorship of code
- Experience in modern front end frameworks
- Technically curious to keep present on advances in technology
- Experience with segregation of model, presentation, and business logic.
- TDD experience and strong desire to build in test from the start.
- Write code (Test or Product) to deliver against project timescales, quality and requirements in various languages including C++, Java or other selected languages for Sophos Cloud products.
- Conduct Unit, System and Integration testing and fixing errors, with guidance if required.
- Design small software components (Functionality, defect fixes or automation) that form part of a larger solution, in line with team objectives
- Define Test scenarios and Test cases to ensure quality of the teams deliverables
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior developers in daily Scrum meetings.
Experience And Skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of front-end development
- Experience with the following technologies (recommended);
AWS, Elastic Search
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Design and write high quality code
- Evaluation of code and design quality
- Understands how products and technologies interface with each other and fit with the strategy and business needs
- Evaluation of technical and functional specifications and their cohesion
- Technical problem solving
- Effective communication with different types of audience
- Risks Assessment and Mitigation
- Coaching and training
- Team Working
In most cases, the compensation package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation