Senior Software Engineers possess the ability to function as a technical lead, providing technical direction to other developers. Frequently have direct responsibility for product features or key technology choices and implementation. Collaborates as part of a team for the development of complex systems; including requirements analysis, concept development and design, implementation and testing, demonstrating flexibility of role as required.
- Drive design and implementation leveraging modern design patterns
- Ability to partner effectively with UX, PM, DevOps, QE and other developers to design and implement meeting the spirit of requirements
- Pride in authorship of code
- Experience in modern front end frameworks
- Technically curious to keep present on advances in technology
- Experience with segregation of model, presentation, and business logic.
- TDD experience and strong desire to build in test from the start.
- Write code (Test or Product) to deliver against project timescales, quality and requirements in various languages including C++, Java or other selected languages for Sophos Cloud products.
- Conduct Unit, System and Integration testing and fixing errors, with guidance if required.
- Design small software components (Functionality, defect fixes or automation) that form part of a larger solution, in line with team objectives
- Define Test scenarios and Test cases to ensure quality of the teams deliverables
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior developers in daily Scrum meetings.
Experience and Skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of front-end development
- Experience with the following technologies (recommended);
AWS, Elastic Search
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Design and write high quality code
- Evaluation of code and design quality
- Understands how products and technologies interface with each other and fit with the strategy and business needs
- Evaluation of technical and functional specifications and their cohesion
- Technical problem solving
- Effective communication with different types of audience
- Risks Assessment and Mitigation
- Coaching and training
- Team Working
In most cases, the compensation package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation