The ideal candidate will possess exceptional programming skills, an understanding of user-centered design principles, and the ability turn business and user requirements into elegant user interfaces and interactive experiences. An obsessive eye for detail is a must, as are excellent communication skills, strong written skills and the confidence to motivate yourself. The role will suit an innovator who keeps up to date with the latest coding and design standards and trends, but isn't afraid to buck them if it leads to something completely fresh and exciting.
- Location: Burlington, MA (Global Sales & Marketing Headquarters)
- Consult with stakeholders and develop new and effective interactive solutions on time and in scope.
- Collaborate with UX team to deliver on new business initiatives and design / platform enhancements.
- Execute small/mid-size maintenance and enhancement projects on Sophos.com.
- Make recommendations on front-end technologies, leveraging best practices, accurately estimating and tracking your time across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Contribute to the company development standards working closely with the Corporate Marketing and IT.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Contribute to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Discuss technical solutions with internal clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your markets developments.
- Train other non-technical staff as needed
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience working on large-scale web initiatives
- Excellent HTML, XHTML, CSS programming skills
- Ability to quickly hand-code clean HTML and CSS from Comps and Wireframes.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with JQuery
- Adobe Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator
- Experience working with designing / coding UIs
- Experience integrating with a CMS to produce dynamic pages (we use Sitecore)
- Excitement learning emerging web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation