Sales Development Representative
At Sophos, we operate at the cutting edge of technology, protecting businesses worldwide against complex threats, viruses and spam. We build high quality software security products in a fast-paced, nimble environment and we've been doing it for over 20 years.
Join us to help our customers protect their business and meet compliance needs.
As a Sales Development Representative you will proactively generate new business opportunities for the entire Sophos product line. New business will be generated via outgoing telephone calls.
- Location: Burlington, MA (North American Headquarters)
- Work closely with your assigned team of Enterprise Account Executives to generate, qualify, develop, and nurture high quality opportunities resulting in new pipeline
- Ability to maneuver thru large organizations and identify decision makers, decision process, technical environment and need and/or pain.
- Ability to articulate value and uncover needs at each level of an organization
- Develop target list of accounts with sales team and develop a sales plan to penetrate target accounts.
- Initiate outbound calling campaigns to target account lists to generate demand
- Meet and/or exceed daily and monthly performance targets for number of outbound calls, qualified leads passed and pipeline contribution.
- Research and profile target companies utilizing the web, Hoovers, OneSource, Jigsaw, LinkedIn and other research tools.
- Attend and participate in weekly/monthly Enterprise Sales team meetings.
- Work closely with SDR Manager and Enterprise team to develop targeted outbound email campaigns.
- Update prospect database with conversations, competitive information, company size, decision making criteria and other pertinent information.
- Generate detailed summaries of qualified leads for Enterprise Reps to understand a prospect’s business pain and infrastructure.
- Provide feedback and suggest improvements to calling campaigns, scripts, messaging, etc.
Experience and Skills
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a Sales Development or telesales type role.
- Experienced in a high-volume outbound lead generation/sales.
- Experience with technical products in the hi-tech industry
- Process oriented in lead management
- Firm grounding in sales processes.
- Excellent experience developing relationships.
- Familiar with CRM system for managing leads
- Emperience successfully presenting value based messaging
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Be able to qualify leads.
- Have strong negotiating skills.
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation