As a Sales Development Representative you will proactively generate new business opportunities for the entire Sophos product line. New business will be generated via outgoing telephone calls.
- Location: Burlington, MA (North American Headquarters)
- Meet and/or exceed daily and monthly performance targets for number of outbound calls, qualified leads passed and pipeline contribution.
- Work within an assigned territory to qualify, develop, and mature marketing supplied leads resulting in high quality sales opportunities for Account Executives and other special campaign owners.
- Qualify sales leads from marketing driven campaigns.
- Ability to articulate value and uncover needs at each level of an organization.
- Perform research on companies as a component of lead generation and qualification activities utilizing the web, Hoovers, OneSource and other research tools available.
- Develop detailed summaries of qualified leads for Territory Reps to understand a prospect’s business pain and infrastructure.
- Update prospect database with conversations, competitive information, company size, decision making criteria and other pertinent information.
- Attend and participate in weekly/monthly assigned Corporate Sales team meetings.
- Provide feedback and improvements to Sales Development program and Marketing process.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to marketing, sales, channel partners and other special campaign team members.
- Quantitative elements include company profiling, lead to opportunity conversion, sales pipeline, and similar metrics on assigned special projects.
- Qualitative elements include trends, conversation topics, lead / contact interest and perspective.
Experience and Skills
- 1- 2 years' experience in telesales.
- Firm grounding in sales processes.
- Excellent experience developing relationships.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Be able to qualify leads.
- Have strong negotiating skills.
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation