To manage the strategy, planning and execution of developing Sophos’ wireless security business and product offerings. This role is responsible to develop and drive product definition, negotiate and manage roadmap, develop and manage a successful go to market plan globally and serve as the visible spokesperson internally and publicly for the product area
- Location: Burlington, MA (Global Sales & Marketing Headquarters)
- Candidates located near our office in Santa Clara, CA are also welcome to apply.
- Other locations near global Sophos Offices are also possible.
- Develop and maintain a business plan for the development of a wireless security business at Sophos - both as a strong part of our Complete Security offering and also as a competitive standalone solution to wireless only projects in our target markets.
- Responsible for driving the overall success of the product line (measuring performance to plan across financial, product delivery, and overall value proposition)
- Develop, negotiate and manage the product priorities globally for the wireless security product line. This includes product priorities/feature definition, go to market plans (programs, promotions, operations, timelines, success metrics) and overall customer satisfaction.
- Manage expectations with senior leadership providing status, action plans and recommendations where required and to SMT and/or Board on request.
- Lead cross functional teams in the coordination of the delivery to plan.
- Drive overall decision-making process, managing impacts on deliverables or schedules of projects across all aspects of the strategic product plans.
- Rigorous pursuit of knowledge related to market trends, market influencers, competitors and channels to market as a baseline for driving go to market plans, product priorities and innovation within the product delivery teams.
- In partnership with PMM counterparts, develop and deliver the assets, teams and timelines to support the go to market plans (e.g. channel programs/promotions, product positioning, sales briefs, promotions, PR activities).
- Provide leadership over assuring quality of product experience for partners and customers (e.g. creation of product information bulletins, revised processes, lead resolution of issues from a commercial perspective).
- Participate in PM leadership meetings, providing well-structured thoughts and recommendations across the entire Sophos value proposition.
- Regular, frequent engagement with the channel (Sophos sales, channel, distribution) to gather first hand feedback and to aid in the coaching and inspiration of Sophos staff for products under this role’s ownership.
- Act as a topic specialist for all Sophos products, providing information and guidance to Sales, Marketing and Technical Support to assist in sales and customer issue resolution.
- Work with the Engineering team(s) to ensure that all projects that form part of the strategic product plans are tracking to plan and any issues are addressed promptly or escalated to senior management for resolution (with recommendations for resolution).
- Represent the complete Sophos value proposition to customers and channel partners, to support specific requests from customers or Sales.
- Identify new product, innovation, and acquisition opportunities to advance Sophos’ strategy, establish their suitability and viability and make recommendations of those that should be actively pursued. Outline the detailed recommendations and business context, explaining the options that have been ruled out and gain agreement from direct leadership on the actions to be taken.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts at all stages of the go to product delivery and go to market processes.
- Regular proactive status communication of progress to plans and any deviations.
- Act as a point of contact for the Project Management team during the product delivery lifecycle providing leadership and decisions to ensure all activities meet plan.
Organisational Responsibility & Travel Requirements
- Reports to Vice President, Product Management, Network and Gateway Security
- Works closely with Product Managers, Engineering Senior Managers and regional Sales team leaders
- Works regularly with mid-management and front line team members across all functions of the business.
- Interacts periodically with the Global Senior Management Team.
- Global travel required – roughly 25% of time, typically in 1 week durations.
Experience and Skills
- College Degree in Marketing, Technical or business related field
- Track record of success working in product management for Enterprise products/solutions
- Experience translating observations, market feedback/trends into a successful product vision and go to market plan in a highly technical/IT field
- Experience in leading/influencing members of cross-functional teams to deliver on plans
- Working successfully to drive product priorities in a cross functional organisations
Skills & Abilities
- Prioritization skills – deliberate balancing of high leverage and strategic activities with lower impact but required activities
- Understanding customer issues and requirements
- Networking and building good relationship internally and externally, Ability to interact cross functionally
- Ability to present to any audience
- Excellent written & verbal communication also in English
- Ability to create and drive a clear value proposition/positioning in the market
- Strong communications skills / Presentation skills
- Preparation of written material (e.g. presentations, business plans)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Understanding of user-experience design preferred
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation