The Product Architect will drive industry leadership across Sophos’ network security products, identifying the most important security and technology consumption trends and delivering into a compelling roadmap. This role drives internal awareness of these key trends, the translation of trends into product concepts, and delivering these capabilities to market. This role reports to the Vice-president of Product Management for the Network Security business unit.
- Location: Burlington, MA (Global Sales & Marketing Headquarters)
- Candidates located near our office in Santa Clara, CA are also welcome to apply.
- Other locations near global Sophos Offices are also possible.
- Develops and drives product definition, negotiates and manages roadmap, develops and manages a successful go to market plan globally and serves as the visible spokesperson internally and publicly for the product area
- Owns the quality of security as experienced by the market (customers and 3rd party test) and the initiatives to deliver on targets.
- Translates technology and security trend insights into roadmap and investment priorities across the whole network security roadmap. In this capacity, the product architect partners with the senior leaders to drive competency of the important trends and priorities into a compelling 2+ year roadmap.
- Owns of the quality of security experienced by customers now and in the future across all network protection areas. Sets targets and measures performance.
- Drives overall roadmap priorities for delivering the best protection for our customers to the level of defining product concepts and driving execution with engineering teams.
- Advises product line managers in reflecting technology and security trend imperatives into their planning and product line priorities.
- In partnership with other business unit leaders, from concept through to execution, drives innovation in quality of protection and related customer experience through the integration of Sophos’ entire security portfolio.
- Maintains strong technical understanding of networking, security trends and how technology consumption preferences impact current products and customer technology architectures.
Organisational Responsibility & Travel Requirements
- Reports to Vice President, Product Management, Network and Gateway Security
- Works closely with Product Line Managers and Senior Engineering Managers
- Works regularly with project teams and front line teams to execute product roadmap priorities
- Works frequently with market influencers, channel, and internal sales/marketing to drive positioning/roadmap awareness and gather feedback
- Interacts as needed with the Senior Management Team, socializing strategic needs and opportunities for the business.
- Global travel required – roughly 25% of time, typically in 1 week durations.
Experience and Skills
- Diploma/Master Degree in Marketing, Technical or business related field
- Track record of success working in product management for Enterprise products/solutions
- Experience translating observations, market feedback/trends into a successful product vision and go to market plan in a highly technical/IT field
- Experience in leading/influencing members of cross-functional teams to deliver on plans
- Working successfully to drive product priorities in a cross functional organisations
- Experience in working with a globally dispersed based organization preferred
- Direct experience in network infrastructure and/or security markets preferred
- Direct experience in delivering SaaS based products and successful business model preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Prioritization skills – deliberate balancing of high leverage and strategic activities with lower impact but required activities
- Understanding customer issues and requirements
- Networking and building good relationship internally and externally, Ability to interact cross functionally
- Ability to present to any audience
- Excellent written & verbal communication also in English
- Ability to create and drive a clear value proposition/positioning in the market
- Strong communications skills / Presentation skills
- Preparation of written material (e.g. presentations, business plans)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Understanding of user-experience design preferred
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation