Responsible for securing contracts with Managed Service Providers and for being the internal champion for MSP business in territory to the Channel Sales Team. This will include all products within the Sophos product portfolio. MSP targets will include Mobile Operators, Cable /MSO environments (especially IP related), Cloud Operators, Security Service Providers (IP Related). Partnering with Product Management, Business Operations, Sales, and other members of the Marketing organization, you will be part of a core team that will drive the growth of new business, support engagement of current MSP Partners, and help retain and grow top MSP Partners.
Success will be measured by the number of New Managed Service Providers that the MSP Channel Manager is able to bring to the company and the associated Revenue (billings) from the sell-out of Sophos products and solutions from the MSP to their respective End-user customer base.
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- This position is a home office based role. Candidates located within other metro areas on the west coast are welcome to apply.
- Achieve bookings quota thru MSP partners in the assigned territory
- Provide accurate forecasting of MSP revenue
- Achieve company goals
- Develop and execute a MSP channel territory plan encompassing partners, recruitment strategy, and territory marketing.
- Manage all MSP channel partners in the assigned territory
- Identify and recruit MSP partners as necessary in territory
- On-board and enable MSP partners to ensure partner success in selling and supporting all Sophos solutions
- Communicate and follow up to ensure top MSP partners remain up to date on all necessary training and certifications
- Co-market and co-sell with assigned MSP partners in territory
- Conduct joint -business planning with top MSP territory partners
- Align Sophos resources to support MSP partner sales activities
- Cultivate strong consultative relationships with key individuals at top MSP partners and act as single point of contact to ensure satisfaction of top partners
- Log all activity to maintain accuracy of CRM/PRM and forecasting systems
- Maintain a detailed understanding of top MSP partners’ business (pain points, investment areas, profitability factors, etc.)
- Consistently articulate Sophos’ value proposition to top MSP partners
- Oversee Managed Services engagements with all Existing MSP Partners within Territory.
- Provide proactive guidance to the MSP Partner for the deployment of their solutions to their install and prospect bases.
- Interact with MSP Partners to manage through issues (e.g. service issues) with a high degree of professionalism and attentiveness.
- Requirements analysis; reviewing and helping to write RFPs and conducting solution briefs
- Manage and monitor evaluation and selection criteria to ensure Sophos products and services are depicted in the most positive way possible
- Negotiate and manage contracts and Service Level Agreements where applicable;
- Monitor vendor performance and driving new sales and revenue opportunities within the existing MSP partner base
- Work with Sophos management and internal departments on; Identifying, communicating, and working through issues or obstacles that keep the MSP program from becoming a success.
- Train and educate the MSP partners on Sophos “total security” offerings.
- Train and educate Sophos sales employees on the MSP business, how to sell to them, and how to support them
- Willingness to travel, as required
Experience and Skills
- In depth experience of recruiting, on boarding and managing channel partners in a technology environment
- Experience selling thru partners to achieve quota
- Experience of developing business plans
- Experience developing and cultivating channel partnership
- Identifying business growth opportunities
- Thorough understanding of Managed Services Provider business models
- Experience of developing business plans
- Excellent analytical, project management, planning and communications skills
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of security channel ecosystems in the territory
- Familiarity with SFDC
- Broad business background, including knowledge of basic financial, marketing and selling concepts
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Be detail oriented and uncompromising in your standards for quality
- Be passionately focused on delivering a great partner experience
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Be a team player that is able to drive decision-making
- Ability to thrive in a team selling environment
- Knowledge of security industry, including competitors, market needs and trends is preferred
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation