At Sophos, we operate at the cutting edge of technology, protecting businesses worldwide against complex threats, viruses and spam. We build high quality software security products in a fast-paced, nimble environment and we've been doing it for over 20 years.
Join us to help our customers protect their business and meet compliance needs.
As the Manager for Channel Sales East, you will be responsible for leading, coaching, and developing an inside channel sales team. Your team members are the inside counterpart to the field Channel Account Executives and together are responsible for the channel partners in territory and the total revenue thru partners in the given territory. You are responsible for hiring, developing your team, and enabling them to be successful in recruiting partners, growing partner sales, selling to end users, and customer growth and retention.
Location: Burlington, MA (North American Headquarters)
- Manage and enable team to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Accurately forecast sales billings within a range of +/- 5% on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Demonstrate leadership, integrity, and energy and lead your team to demonstrate the same qualities
- Stay current on technology and selling trends
- Coach team members to actively recruit, on board, and enable partners in territory.
- Coach team members to properly identify opportunities in the region to acquire new customer accounts through prospecting and referrals and develop existing customers through proactive account management and advocacy
- Coach team members to proactively identify opportunities in the region to enable channel partners to sell more efficiently and effectively on behalf of Sophos
- Ensure that all marketing leads are called on and processed promptly
- Actively coach your sales reps to Sophos’ Value Messaging standards while maintaining a detailed level of understanding of the Value Messaging methodology.
- Regularly evaluate individual sales rep performance through 1:1 meetings providing constructive suggestions for improvement, rewarding accomplishments and taking remedial actions as required
- Identify top performers and ensure their contribution is publicly acknowledged and rewarded.
- Identify poor performers and ensure appropriate remedial action is taken.
- Responsible for formal biannual staff performance reviews and supplementary reviews including the talent audit and annual salary review (as required.)
- Responsible for new hires to attend bootcamp training and ensure that the appropriate training, mentoring and coaching is available for your sales reps
- Report on sales challenges and general market trends
- Articulate customer/prospect/channel feedback from the market to relevant groups with Sophos
- Possessing intellectual curiosity, an innovative spirit, and passion for Sophos solutions a must
Experience And Skills
- Extensive experience selling security solutions thru a channel ecosystem, accurately forecasting sales, and attaining quota
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring sales teams with complex sales cycles with a successful track record
- Excellent knowledge of sales processes including customer acquisition, development & retention
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence others outside of direct reports
In most cases, the compensation package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation