The IT Service Engineer is the first contact for Sophos internal users to resolve technical issues, fulfil incidents and requests associated with IT and telephony systems as part of the global Service Desk.
Location: Burlington, MA
- The processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to incident reports, including direct providing resolution, channelling requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring resolution activity and keeping customers appraised of progress towards service restoration.
- Provide an effective interface between users and service providers, including external commercial suppliers where applicable. This interface includes documenting incidents, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Assists users in making more effective use of desktop systems, products and services.
- Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises known solutions where applicable.
- Demonstrates, installs and commissions desktop systems and their routine upgrades whilst maintaining complete and accurate asset inventories.
- Provides information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities, office moves etc.
- Interprets technical or procedure manuals on behalf of non-technical users and provides routine training in normal usage of systems, products and services, providing information on the full range of capabilities.
- Assist in project related activities as required and contributes to routine problem resolution and testing.
- Support of Win and Mac OS machines as well as proficiency in provisioning and imaging.
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience of providing IT support in a fast paced, dynamic corporate environment.
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong troubleshooting skills in Win and Mac environment
- Ability to work in a team structure
- Ability to apply networking and communications skills within the corporate environment to diagnose faults and carry out routine maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Has good oral and written English communication skills.
- Educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification.
- Experience of ITIL service standards and service management good practice.
- ITIL ® Foundation in IT Service Management
- LPIC-2 - Linux Professional Institute
- MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional
- Apple Certified Associate
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation