Recognized expert within IT in their area(s) of technical specialism. Act as point of escalation, maintaining and improving services as well as satisfying project requirements in order to meet business objectives.
Location: Burlington, MA
- Develops and maintains high levels of knowledge of data network architectures, best practice and industry trends.
- Delivers upon complex network configuration and deployment project, either alone or as part of a team.
- Provides guidance & advice on network architecture to colleagues across the IT team.
- Identifies and proposes opportunities in which to improve the Sophos network.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the standards and policies relating to the Sophos network.
- Investigates, either alone or as part of a team, complex potential and actual network problems and recommends solutions while mitigating potential risk, following formal procedures to plan and test proposed solutions.
- Promotes global knowledge and awareness of the Sophos network inside IT ensuring .
- Proposes new technologies or improvements based upon real world business cases.
- Recommends, implements and tests new switches, routers and firewalls and oversees the preparation of procedures with appropriate disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Proposes the selection of monitoring systems to assess performance data. Ensure system efficiency in order to meet published service level agreements providing results and recommendations to management.
- Provides high-level forecasts of future usage of network capacity ensuring accountability in future planning.
- Forecasts, plans and monitors short and medium-term network utilisation and capacity for current systems.
- Identifies and proposes emerging technologies, promoting ideas and recommendations to relevant management and staff.
- Leads small IT projects, or sub-projects working with the rest of the project team to meet the agreed deliverables
- Leads projects through to completion assigning activities and tracking progress and providing regular and accurate reports to management
Experience and Skills
- Experience with Cisco or Brocade switches and routers
- Experience configuring and maintaining network firewalls
- Experience working with a business-critical global network infrastructure
- Strong communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- CCNA or equivalent
- Experience with Sophos UTMs
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work closely with Vendors to delvier LAN & WAN technologies
- Experience with network monitoring and analysis tools
- CCNP/BCNP or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree
In most cases, the compensation package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation