Lead and oversee a Regional Channel Sales Engineering organization. This individual will hire, lead, develop and mentor a growing Regional Channel Sales Engineering team while working closely with sales leadership in order to set business priorities across the different sales territories. Be a hands-on leader with outstanding Channel Sales Engineering skills, capable of communicating our value proposition to partners and customers from business executives to technical administrators. Position will report to the Vice President of Technology Solutions, Americas.
- Location: Santa Clara, CA
- Candidates located in other metro areas on the West Coast are also welcome to apply.
- Up to 50% travel required may be required
- Execution of the Sophos NA Channel Program strategies to ensure over-achievement of the their business objectives
- Hire, lead, grow and mentor a Regional Channel Sales Engineering team.
- Partner with Sales management to determine appropriate resource allocation to progress Channel Enablement and drive revenue
- Provide hands-on leadership, mentoring, and prescriptive guidance to a diverse team of Channel Sales Engineers
- Provide ongoing customer feedback and competitive intelligence to Product Management and Product Marketing
- Foster a culture that retains and develops Channel Sales Engineering team members
- Conduct typical management functions such as interview/hire qualified candidates, conduct performance reviews and actively participate in employee career planning
- Assist in increasing Channel and end-user adoption of Sophos products through participation in events, training, seminars, and other activities as appropriate.
- Review and audit development plans for all partner-based technical resources within territory to enable partner autonomy
- Actively participate in Channel QBR and Partner Plan reviews with Territory team
- Develop and maintain strong contacts and relationships with corporate resources that can assist in driving partner autonomy
- Identify gaps in partner enablement strategies and propose solutions to address gaps.
- Reporting on pre-determined interval
- Facilitate rollout out programs/deliverables from Sophos partner strategy groups to Sophos resources with partner responsibility explaining how to sell and position these programs / deliverables
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products to enable the capability to effectively address and dispel partner objections to Sophos solutions
- Partner with the Sales Management to formulate and implement both tactical and strategic sales initiatives within their assigned region
- Identify and facilitate the creation of training that accelerates the development of Partner technical resources
- Conduct on-going meetings with corporate resources to keep current on Sophos direction and products
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience and Skills
Minimum Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of fifteen years of industry related experience with a minimum of five years of technical sales management experience.
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to gain the confidence of both Senior Management and Technical Staff of partners
- Build and maintain partner relationships to be significantly leveraged into driving additional Sophos business
- Share and maintain a mutual respect and rapport with entire sales organization
- Ability to influence technology decisions with a Sophos solution
- Ability to train partners and Sophos sales and technical personnel on architectures and solutions
- Ability to validate proposed solutions and architectures and create appropriate messaging for Sophos sales and technical staff as well as partners
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in the aggressive pursuit of regional objectives.
- Background in IT and/or Business Consulting
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent customer service/support skills
- High motivation, high energy level, results-oriented
- Desire and drive
- Good listening skills
- Resilient and Versatile
- Ability to think “out-of-the-box”
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to execute and see tasks to conclusion
Additional Desireable Skills:
- Channel/Partner Experience
- Sophos Solution Knowledge
- Sales and Technical Balance
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation