To lead and manage the strategy, planning and execution of Sophos’ mobile device management and mobile security products. These are a central part of Sophos’s strategy to grow by solving new security problems for midmarket customers and the partners who serve them and to upsell those customers and partners to our complete security vision. To drive our mobile product vision and product definition, negotiate and manage roadmap, develop and manage a successful go to market plan globally and serve as the visible spokesperson and lead evangelist internally and publicly for mobile, helping establish Sophos as a global leader in mobile device management and mobile and BYOD security.
- Location: Burlington, MA (Global Sales & Marketing Headquarters)
- Remote candidates are welcome to apply. Other locations near global Sophos Offices are also possible.
- Be the clear owner, leader and evangelist for the Sophos mobile product line
- Develop, negotiate and implement the strategic product plans globally for the mobile product line.
- Drive a market-leading product strategy for Sophos in mobile/BYOD, directing the management of the entire product line life cycle. This includes product roadmap and comprehensive go to market plans for new products, evangelizing to and supporting sales and partners for products in field through to managing the end of life of older products.
- Lead and manage a small team of product managers working on the product line
- Manage expectations with senior leadership providing status, action plans and recommendations where required and to SMT and/or Board on request.
- Lead cross functional teams in the coordination of the delivery to plan.
- Drive overall decision-making process, managing impacts on deliverables or schedules of projects across all aspects of the strategic product plans.
- Rigorous pursuit of knowledge related to market trends, market influencers, competitors and channels to market as a baseline for driving go to market plans, product priorities and innovation within the product delivery teams.
- In partnership with PMM counterparts, develop and deliver the assets, teams and timelines to support the go to market plans (e.g. channel programs/promotions, product positioning, sales briefs, promotions, PR activities).
- Provide leadership over assuring quality of product experience for partners and customers (e.g. creation of product information bulletins, revised processes, lead resolution of issues from a commercial perspective).
- Regular, frequent engagement with the channel (Sophos sales, channel, distribution) to gather first hand feedback and to aid in the coaching and inspiration of Sophos staff for products under this role’s ownership.
- Identify new product, innovation, and acquisition opportunities to advance Sophos’ strategy, establish their suitability and viability and make recommendations of those that should be actively pursued.
- Develop thorough and convincing business cases to support product definitions and decisions such as new business opportunities (organic, inorganic, partnerships)
- Interface with potential partners and/or acquisition targets to help with due diligence and execution of strategic relationships
- Evaluate mobile security market landscape activity as an input to strategic direction and product definition or innovation
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Lead, coach, support and inspire an existing expert team and grow the team effectively as needed to support new initiatives.
- Reports to Vice President, Product Management for End User Security
- Works closely with Product Managers, Engineering Senior Managers and regional Sales team leaders
- Works regularly with mid-management and front line team members across all functions of the business
- Interacts periodically with the Global Senior Management Team
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science - or other related field / technical degree
- 5+ years’ experience of increasing responsibility in Global Product Management within high-tech, mobile, software, or B2B telecoms.
- Experience in Team Leadership
- Building cross functional relationships
- Confident presenter
- Ability to evangelise and inspire
- Strong analytic skills
- Conceptual thinking ability
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Adapt and drive the strategy/vision
- Global travel required (apx. 10-25% of time)
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation