At Sophos, we operate at the cutting edge of technology, protecting businesses worldwide against complex threats, viruses and spam. We build high quality software security products in a fast-paced, nimble environment and we've been doing it for over 20 years.
Join us to help our customers protect their business and meet compliance needs.
Are you looking for a career where the focus is getting things done in an agile way? Looking to solve important customer problems in a way that truly delights? Seeking to work on a talented and driven team where pride in craftsmanship is valued – from code quality to instrumentation to monitoring performance from development thru to production? If you answered yes to the previous questions – The Sophos Cloud Product team is where you need to be!
- Location: Burlington, MA (Global Sales & Marketing Headquarters)
Our Cloud Product Engineering Culture:
Want to know if you “fit” with our culture? The following statements describe what we strive to be day in and out. If they resonate with you – we are the right place to grow your career:
- Delight our Customers - Thats why we are here
- GSD - We Get Stuff Done! We solve - We don't whine
- Great Team - We work with talented, positive, can-do people
- Craftsmanship -We take pride in it and own our solutions - from design thru to production
- Solve big problems - We do it incrementally, by meeting our commitments while building for the long term
The Sophos Cloud Product Engineering Team is looking for someone with a proven track record developing scalable and robust user experiences. Someone who is comfortable with modern design patterns and frameworks and can partner effectively with UX, PM, DevOps, QE and other engineers (such as Java and Ruby).
Someone who believes in TDD and writes test code before development. Someone that believes in CI/CD and having the proper automation in place to have daily “green” test runs. Someone who wants to work in an agile environment and has the acumen to balance technology with business priorities. Someone who believes in owning their code from local desktop thru to production with a passion for instrumentation and monitoring. Someone who believes in a delightful customer experience.
The right person has huge passionate for technology in general. They are curious re modern patterns and technologies and just likes to “geek out.” Someone who understand the need to break problems down into small bite sized chunks and who prides themselves on providing estimates – making commitments and then meeting them. Someone who enjoys empowerment and is an active participant in the technology roadmap and how it serves the product roadmap.
Experience And Skills
What are we looking for?
- Drive design and implementation leveraging modern design patterns
- Ability to partner effectively with PM, UX, QE and other developers to design and implement meeting the spirit of requirements
- Able to create estimates and work plans then deliver according to those plans in an agile manner
- Pride in authorship of code
- Experience in modern front end frameworks
- Strong mentor to other technologists
- Technically curious to keep present on advances in technology
- High energy – problem solver. Realist but positive and a can do attitude
- Experience with segregation of model, presentation, and business logic.
- TDD experience and strong desire to build in tests form the start
Skills and Experience Required:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent with 8+ years of front end development
- Building highly scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience with the following technologies (recommended) and strong desire to learn (required)
- Amazon Web Services, EC2, Elastic Search, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies (scrum/ kanban)
- Strong influencer and partner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In most cases, the compensation package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation