The Channel Sales Engineer is a technical consultant to Partners, Customers and the Sophos sales force. This position assists in crafting Partner onboarding strategies, documenting and fulfilling training needs, and as appropriate, will influence the customer decision making process across all levels of the business. He/she is known as a subject matter expert in multiple technical disciplines, and acts as a trusted advisor to technical professionals within their assigned territory. The Channel Sales Engineer is a business partner of the CAE/CAM and is empowered to ensure achievement of the Territory’s business objectives and revenue targets.
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Candidates located in other metro areas within Missouri are also welcome to apply.
- Up to 70% travel required may be required
- Execution of the Sophos NA Channel Program strategies to ensure over-achievement of the their business objectives
- Work with Channel Account Executives and Channel Account Managers to define and execute the territory channel recruitment and enablement strategy
- Drive coordination of technical resources both internally and externally as needed to close prospective opportunities
- Assist in increasing Channel and end-user adoption of Sophos products through events and training, seminars, webinars, technical trainings, and other activities as appropriate.
- Create development plans for all partner-based technical resources within territory to enable partner autonomy
- Actively participate in Channel QBR and Partner Plan reviews with Territory team
- Develop and maintain strong contacts and relationships with corporate resources that can assist in driving partner autonomy
- Develop synergies between the partner organization and corporate resources that can support the over-achievement of partner business objectives and initiatives
- Analyze partner’s business objectives by asking probing questions that are relevant to partner and prospects markets and industries.
- Attend partner meetings to assess partner capabilities and their customer’s satisfaction.
- Track and document partner technical capabilities for inclusion in planning and management
- Identify gaps in partner tactics as they relate to customer requirements to ensure customer satisfaction and provide tools and solutions to address the gaps.
- Reporting on pre-determined interval
- Present and market the design and value of proposed Sophos solutions to partners and their prospects
- Rollout out programs/deliverables from Sophos partner strategy groups to Sophos resources with partner responsibility explaining how to sell and position these programs / deliverables
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products to enable the capability to effectively address and dispel partner objections to Sophos solutions
- Work with the Sophos Channel Sales Team(s) and partners to formulate and implement both tactical and strategic sales initiatives within their assigned territory
- Identify and present training that accelerates the development of Partner technical resources
- Conduct on-going meetings with corporate resources to keep current on Sophos direction and products
- Demonstrate ability to relate partner business challenges to Sophos solutions
- Deliver Sophos’s value proposition in a persuasive and accurate manner
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience and Skills
Minumum Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of five years of industry related experience with a minimum of three years of technical sales experience.
- Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to gain the confidence of both Senior Management and Technical Staff of partners
- Build and maintain partner relationships to be significantly leveraged into driving additional Sophos business
- Share and maintain a mutual respect and rapport with entire sales organization
- Ability to influence technology decisions with a Sophos solution
- Ability to train partners and Sophos sales and technical personnel on architectures and solutions
- Ability to validate proposed solutions and architectures and create appropriate messaging for Sophos sales and technical staff as well as partners
Additional Desireable Skills:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in the aggressive pursuit of regional objectives.
- Background in IT and/or Business Consulting
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent customer service/support skills
- High motivation, high energy level, results-oriented
- Desire and drive
- Good listening skills
- Resilient and Versatile
- Ability to think “out-of-the-box”
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to execute and see tasks to conclusion
- Channel/Partner Experience
- Sophos Solution Knowledge
- Sales and Technical Balance
In most cases, the remuneration package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation