As the Marketing & Digital Media Technical Architect, you will be the design authority creating high level solution models and solution architectures for assigned projects aligned to business requirements.
- Design authority, interacting with senior business stakeholders and IT development teams, in creation of high level solution models / architectures for assigned projects cliearly aligned to business objectives and goals.
- Work with the project manager to identify the tasks, resources and documentation required to define and implement the solutions in line with agreed project requirements
- Encourage the use of the appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to development and documentation of systems architectures by adopting and communicating best practice to the IT team
- Within projects assist in the preparation of technical specifications by providing work plan estimates to project managers to enable accurate project planning
- Define and agree on development milestones, communicate to project managers progress against milestones, pro-actively highlighting issues and risks.
- Research and evaluate commercial software packages as solution candidates, working with vendors and industry analysts, and reviewing recommendations on suitability from System Developers to identify the best solution.
- Contribute to the identification of the evaluation criteria for product selection
- Translate component specifications into detailed designs for implementation
- Create and maintain documentation on delivered solutions to enable tier 1 and 2 support staff to provide meaningful support to end users.
- Work with the Senior Solutions Architect to hep define best-practice and the solutions roadmap.
- Coach other members of the team to spread and encourage the values of best-practice and high-quality work within the team.
- Distribute specialised knowledge and skills to other members of the department through collaborative working, presentations, discussions and documentation.
- Work with the Senior Solutions Architect team to ensure Sophos application development standards and guidelines are adhered to, and provide input into their improvement by regular reviews
- Provide input into the applications design and development process and its’ improvement.
- Continually evaluate systems development processes from use of development kits, source control processes, code release and operational systems.
- Carry out usability testing and user research, collecting and analysing both quantitative and qualitative data to make recommendations based on test results, usability standards and best practices. Leading and participating in the prototyping and piloting of technical solutions.
- Perform research and analysis of applications and systems to improve applications strategy work, presenting recommendations to Global IT on how these can be utilised and adopted using case studies where appropriate
- Monitor technical progress, informing project management of major technical issues and making recommendations for their resolution.
- Advise on the impact of technical exceptions (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc), and ensures that there is proper technical assessment of all exceptions. Provides advice on avoidance, containment and recovery actions.
Experience And Skills
- Previous experience of operating as a Technical Architect.
- Previous experience of Marketing Technologies and Web Sites.
- Demonstrable experience of .NET and Web Architecture.
- Deliver significant business applications in a commercial environment following a structured methodology.
- Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving, coupled with originality.
- Within a business change programme, manage the target design, policies and standards, work proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across the solution.
- Create and work to detailed technical specifications (functional, design and QA)
- Leading development of complex technical solutions, providing day to day guidance to system developers, coordinating across development teams, and leading development team stand-ups and sprint planning sessions, when necessary.
- Monitor technical progress, ensuring that co-ordination and change control are applied to technical specifications and to the technical infrastructure.
- Ability to estimate and carry out programmes of systems development work to time, budget and quality targets and in accordance with appropriate standards
- Leads the development of solutions for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements.
- Absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience with source control systems in multiple branch environments
- Experience with Sitecore
- Experience in using Marketing automation technologies such as Neolane (Adobe Campaign) or Eloqua.
- Work in a global company with a mixture of infrastructures and systems.
- Work on multiple application development toolsets both mainstream and ad-hoc.
- Work as part of a global team designing and developing solutions for multiple platforms and languages.
- Work with agile project methodologies for development and testing
- Develop solutions with a strong focus on security and high availability.
- Develop processes to improve code development life-cycle.
- The ability to transfer of business and/or technical skills and knowledge and the promotion of professional attitudes in order to facilitate learning and development.
- SQL skills in developing stored procedures, database views, triggers and constraints and indexes
- Web based application development using Microsoft ASP.NET
- Understanding of XML web services for use on internal systems and customer facing applications (SOAP, Rest etc).
- Familiarity with CRM solutions such as Salesforce.com and/or Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Familiarity with Agile development tools such as Jira.
- Experience with SVN and/or Git source control.
The remuneration package includes:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Death in service policy (life assurance)
- Permanent health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Personal accident cover
Working conditions at Sophos are very good and include:
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free beverages, fruit and pastries