At Sophos our mission is ‘to be the best in the world at delivering complete IT security to small and midmarket enterprises and the channel that serves them’. We are a company that believes solutions to complex security problems should be simple; and, as a result, deliver benefits to our customers and partners that no other company can. That is why Sophos is recognized globally as leaders in what it does and trusted by millions of people every minute of every day to keep them protected.
Sophos is known for simple, innovative technologies and products, and for the people behind them.
We are looking now for a Test Automation to strengthen our team ensuring the superior quality of our content data that is used by our products to provide protection to all our customers. This role provides the opportunity to work in an open and collaborative environment as part of our Content QA team within SophosLabs. SophosLabs is focused on developing and delivering quality content to protect our customers across all products and platforms to an extremely rapid cycle.
- Writin automated test scripts using Python or Perl;
- Automate test cases and set them up within the existing framework collaborating with the other engineers and analysts as required;
- Planning with stakeholders (clarify requirements, break down into sensible stages, and estimating time required);
- Identify and create the test cases and test collateral required to test the content;
- Managing and configuring test infrastructure (virtual machines, network, …);
- Communicating effectively, asking for and offering help when needed;
- Representing the Content QA team to the wider team, giving reports, taking feedback and evaluating suggestions.
Experience And Skills
To succeed in this role you’ll be passionate about quality and continuous improvement, able to ensure open communication between sites, and keen to use your excellent skills to help SophosLabs be successful. You’ll feel at home within a fast moving team spread between sites, with a commitment to quality and focus on getting the right things done.
Desired skills & experience
- Experience with implementing Test automation & creating complex scripts using Perl or Python
- Experience with Defect Tracking and Defect Lifecycle
- Experience of Virtualized environments (KVM, VMWare)
- Contributing to Test Estimates and Test Planning on multiple projects.
- Good understanding of multiple Operating System fundamentals (MS Windows, Linux, Unix, OSX, Android).
- Network configuration knowledge to assist in test automation.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements for test efficiency.
The remuneration package includes:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Death in service policy (life assurance)
- Permanent health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Personal accident cover
Working conditions at Sophos are very good and include:
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free beverages, fruit and pastries