Sophos is known for simple, innovative technologies and products, and for the people behind them. Our Product Management team drives the strategic direction of Sophos’ product portfolio. They work with partners, sales and customers to understand unmet needs and gather feedback, they track competitors and the broader industry, and work closely with our engineering teams to prioritize features and define requirements for new products, and to bring them to market, working with our product marketers.
This role is dedicated to owning and driving Sophos’ Mobile Device Management and Mobile Security products, which help IT teams manage and secure Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8 devices, covering Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and managed device needs. These products are central to the Sophos’ product strategy and adoption and billings are growing very fast. The development teams are primarily in Dortmund Germany and Linz Austria, so you must be willing to travel regularly to those locations.
- Develop, negotiate and implement the strategic product plans globally for the Mobile product line.
- Drive a market-leading mobile/BYOD product strategy for Sophos, directing the entire product life cycle; including product roadmap, comprehensive go to market planning for new products and managing the end of life cycle for older products.
- Lead and manage a small team of product managers to ensure delivery to plan.
- Rigorous pursuit of knowledge related to market trends, market influencers, competitors and channels to market as a baseline for driving go to market plans, product priorities and innovation within the product delivery teams.
- Partner with PMM counterparts and commercial teams to support the go to market plans (channel programs/promotions, product positioning, sales briefs, promotions, PR activities).
- Provide leadership to ensure the quality of the product experience for partners/end users (creation of product information collateral, evaluate/re-align roadmaps and lead problem resolution).
- Frequent engagement with the Sophos sales team, channel partners and distribution (gathering first hand feedback and to motivate others to champion the Sophos product set).
- Identify new product, innovation, and acquisition opportunities to advance Sophos’ strategy, establish suitability, viability and make recommendations.
- Evaluate the Mobile IT Security market landscape, providing input into the strategic direction and product definition/innovation.
- Lead, coach, support and inspire an existing expert team and grow the team effectively as needed to support new initiatives.
Experience and Skills
You will have proven Product Management and leadership experience, and a great understanding of midmarket IT teams, the partners that serve them, as well as experience of either Mobile Device Management in a corporate environment (especially Android and iOS) or of corporate security software. You will be a natural evangelist, able to excite partners and sales teams about your product vision and the commercial opportunities. But that is not all you're about, along with your innovative thinking you will be a leader of people who can inspire and develop talent in the organisation. You must also be comfortable managing multiple projects and teams across different geographies and be comfortable influencing at all levels of the organisation.
- Senior level Product Management experience within a high-tech environment;
- Experience of working in collaboration with a diverse range of business functions and customers to drive change and achieve delivery;
- Driving product roadmaps, assessing performance against metrics and project milestones, conducting comparative analysis and research to determine product and service improvements;
- Strong business acumen and the ability to forge and maintain relationships. Combining business, technology and budget challenges to produce high end results;
- Experience of managing, motivating and nurturing talent within a global team;
- An innovative and passionate approach;
- Driving strategy and activity across different locations and time zones;
- A natural evangelist.
- Expert knowledge of Mobile Device Management and Mobile Security products for IT teams (including an appreciation of the operational practices, business functionalities and competitive landscape);
- Technical/business focused degree level education or equivalent experience.