We are looking now for an accomplished Senior Developer to complement our local agile Core Products team in the task of helping port our award winning anti-virus engine to the Android platform. The new team will develop and extend the capability of our antivirus engine to work on mobile platforms, to be used by Sophos offerings and products of our partners.
To succeed in this role you’ll be passionate about development, and keen on to use your excellent programming and designing skills to help the team being successful. You’ll feel at home within an Agile team with its open communications, commitment to quality and focus on getting things “done, done”. You will have experience of developing for the Android platform.
- Agile Release Planning with product management, and other senior stakeholders (clarify requirements, break down into sensible releases, and estimate user stories);
- Write or refactor high-quality code and tests, pairing with other engineers;
- Collaborate with QA engineers to test the product (unit, component and automated functional tests, help with manual tests if needed);
- Communicating effectively, removing impediments to the team’s progress, asking for and offering help when needed
- Help coaching more junior members of the team
Experience and Skills
- University/college degree in computer science
- Minimum 2 years experience in C, C++ languages
- Experience in programming Android applications interfacing between Java and C\C++ components
- Experience in unit testing
- Experience of working in Agile (Scrum, Kanban) environment
- Problem solving skills and adaptability
- Have the ability to develop re-entrant multi-task code
- Being flexible to accommodate to changing priorities or needs
- Team player
- Fluent English
- Experience in programming for high-availability systems
- Experience in Perl language
- Experience in security technologies
- Proficient in using development tools (source control, static analysis, profilers, make, coverage analysis etc.)
- Dealing with leading edge technologies
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Excellent working environment
- An open and lively atmosphere
- A stable and dynamically growing international company by providing secure background
- And last but not least a competitive salary
Location: Hungary, Budapest XI.
Work hours: 40 hours per week.
Special How To Apply Instructions
If you have the relevant experience, please send your CV to email@example.com