Astaro IPsec Client V10.23 released
This new release adds FIPS certification and provides some bug fixes.
The new release V10.23 of the Astaro IPsec Client offers the following major new features against the Astaro IPsec Client version 10.22 (and against version 9.22 of the Astaro Secure Client):
The IPsec Client has a cryptographic algorithm according to the FIPS standard. The embedded cryptographic module is validated according to FIPS 140-2 (certificate #1051).
FIPS compatibility is always given if the following algorithms are used for set up and encryption of the IPsec connection:
- DH Group: Group 2 or higher (DH starting from a length of 1024 Bit)
- Hash Algorithms: SHA1, SHA 256, SHA 384, or SHA 512 Bit
- Encryption Algorithms: AES with 128, 192 and 256 Bit or Triple DES
With Windows 7 data could not be exchanged via a VPN tunnel if the internet connection was using UMTS or mobile broadband but had not been established by the Astaro IPsec client. This has been fixed.
Starting with Release 10.22 the following features are no longer included with the Astaro IPsec Client:
- Connection to 3rd party gateways (except Astaro)
- Integrated Dialing and Wi-Fi support
- Pre-Logon, Logon Options
- Integrated dynamic Personal Firewall
- IPsec compression
- Configurable UDP-encapsulation options
- Budget Manager
- Tips of the day
How to update your client software
There are two ways for updating your client:
- Start the Astaro IPsec Client Monitor on your desktop. On the menu select "Help -> Search for New Updates". Click "Next" on the upcoming "Software Update Wizard" window. The client will now automatically search for new updates. If a newer version is found, you can click on the "Next" button to start the automatic installation immediately.
- Use MyAstaro to download the new client software from our HTTP or FTP Server. When installing the new software an already existing version will be recognized and updated accordingly.
If you want an evaluation copy of Astaro IPsec Client, go to MyAstaro and complete a short form to create a MyAstaro account. You will then be taken to a screen where you can download a 30-day evaluation version of Astaro IPsec Client.
For using the new features you either need to have a valid V9.2 or V10.2 license.
If your license has a lower version number then you can upgrade it to a V10.2 license by purchasing a one-time update license, which allows updating of an existing license by one or two releases. When purchasing the license you'll receive an activation key which must be applied to your existing license within MyAstaro. You'll then be offered a new file for download including the key that needs to be entered into your client.
For more information please visit our website.
Your Product Management Team