ASG Up2Date 8.203 Released
We've released Up2Date 8.203 today. This Up2Date will enhance the stability and performance of your ASG installation. Of note is the reverting of the default SMTP RDNS checks to a more relaxed way, however the more effective "strict" options remains available for admins looking to combat spam with the tightest measures. Read on for more details on this Up2Date.
Astaro Security Gateway Up2Date 8.203 Information
- SMTP Proxy: Reduced strictness of RDNS check to earlier (V8.1) behavior
- SMTP Proxy: Added configuration option to use the "strict" RDNS checks
- Reporting/Accounting: Improved database performance and fixed some reported problems
- HTTP Proxy: Various stability improvements
- System will be rebooted
- Configuration will be upgraded
-  Exim RDNS check behavioral change between 8.1x and 8.2x
-  Firefox updates filling up tmp directory with downloads
-  Trendmicro updates filling up tmp directory with downloads
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the "Watch Up2Date Progress in new window" and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
Astaro Security Gateway Up2Date FTP Mirrors:
Mirror 1 (German)
Mirror 1 (USA)
Mirror 2 (German)
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V8 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. "[8.203] RED Deployment Helper").
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- There is also a demo server for public use: http://demo.astaro.com
ASG Product Manager